Brinsea EcoGlow Safety 2000 Chick Brooder
The NEW EcoGlow Safety 2000 Chick Brooder is the efficient and safe way to keeping newly hatched poultry, game and waterfowl warm. Suitable for up to 50 chicks. Sealed to the stringent IPX7 electrical safety standard and operates at 12v for electrical safety, mains adaptor included.
The EcoGlow Safety 2000 is ideal for keeping newly hatched poultry, game and waterfowl warm for the crucial first days and weeks. The low voltage heater panel warms the chicks directly by contact and radiant heat and is far more economical than a conventional infrared lamp, using about 20% of the electricity of a 250 watt suspended lamp, which is important when heating for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Contact with the EcoGlow Safety 2000 is a more natural way of raising chicks than a heat lamp. It avoids the stress of being under light both day and night, the chicks get used to the natural light changes of night and day which improves weight gain and feather growth.
- The metal heater plate of the EcoGlow Safety 2000 improves heat radiation and evenness of temperature under the brooder as metal is a much better conductor of heat compared to plastic alternatives. The lower contact temperature and the wide height adjustment means that chicks can be 'contact brooded' (like the mother hen) for maximum comfort and lowest wasted energy.
- The EcoGlow Safety 2000 has easy height adjustment for a wide range of chick sizes and its tough plastic and metal construction makes it durable and easy to clean.
- Water-tight (IPX7 Safety Standard) construction and low voltage operation are designed to comply with stringent electrical safety standards.
- Supplied with a mains adaptor incorporating a 3 metre lead.
- FREE 3 year guarantee when registered online.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is for indoor use only and the room temperature should not drop below 10° C (50° F). The EcoGlow should be located in an area free from draughts and chicks should be provided with plenty of bedding.
Plastic covers are available for the EcoGlow Safety 2000 - Product code: HD052 - supplied in a pack of 3.